8.22.2006

Let's get ready to grumble...

I do a lot of complaining here.

You'd think I was an unhappy woman from most of the things I write. I'm not at all.

I had a great conversation with Joey today after dinner. We talked about school, and his friends, and girls and the concept of girlfriends. We talked about how Colby is just a mean kid, and Joey's strategies for dealing with him. We talked about things at recess that are fun this year that were dorky last year. We even touched on the concept of sex education, and that the "know it all kids" this year are most likely to have it wrong, so he should ask a trusted grownup instead. I really felt tuned into him, and learned a few new things about him. I really like him as a person, after we're able to let go of the chores/parent/child thing. It takes time, and doesn't happen as often as I want it to, but it's sooo worth it.

Matthew absolutely blew. me. away. with his STAR test scores. He scored 100% in 7 out of 10 categories, and almost did 100% it across the board. I feel like he achieved a major milestone by conquering that test. I knew he knew the information, but I thought he would be bored by filling in bubbles with a #2 pencil for three days straight, and I'm so very proud of his focus.

Hope is growing and changing and growing so very fast. Tomorrow is her first day of preschool. Yes, I calmed down and realized it's "Pre-School". I'm going to give it a few weeks, and see if she is happy, then make a decision if it isn't working. She's a little anxious about spending time there without me, but I think she will do great. Hope really needs this time to explore by herself.

I'm feeling changes myself. As I work on this project with BIL (yes, it's slowly coming together), I'm gaining confidence. I know I'll be successful, because my definition has changed, and really? I already am. I have a rich rewarding life, with great kids, a terrific husband, a beautiful roof over my head, and the love and respect of those who I love and respect too. Really, what more could I need?

1 comment:

Pez said...

More shoes! One can never have enough shoes!

I am glad that things are coming together for you, Jill. Sounds like you are finding the answer to "Where Did I Go?".