8.14.2006

The "Darling" Children

Well, I survived the "Darling Children".

Joey got a last minute invite to a sleepover, which I happily sent him off to. So, while I had 5 kids from 9a-1p on Saturday, after 1pm, I only had 4. Even numbers do help.

Girl Darling was a tattling, fibbing mess for the first few hours, then quickly learned that I am the one in charge around here. Boy Darling tried to play on the playstation for most of the weekend, and found out about my 2 hour a day limit on weekends. (Which is actually doubled from the normal 1 hour when we don't have any guests). Overall, it was pretty uneventful. On Sunday morning, I was soooooo ready for them to leave. Girl Darling (who is 18 months older than my daughter) wanted to wear Hope's clothes and shoes, except they DON'T FIT HER!. I had to ask her to please leave my daughters things alone about every 60 minutes or so. Then I heard Girl Darling and Boy Darling tell my son that their parents probably wouldn't be here until at least 1pm. AAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

At 10:30am, I went to pick up Joey from his sleepover. I stayed for a bit and talked to Chris, and when we got home at 11:15, Dad Darling was actually here! Hooray! Of course, he wanted to hang out with DH for awhile and watch some sports. I "reminded" DH that we had some afternoon plans, and got them outta here as soon as I could. Of course, our plans were to sit on the couch and do nothing, but they were OUR plans, capish?

No comments: