3.17.2006

Is this a cycle?

Hmm.....

I'm finding myself a bit down and dissatisfied. Seems I haven't done enough for my kids, my husband, or myself. It seems so....familiar....I'm easily distracted, willing to do anything other than the bare minimum on my "to do" list, and then beating myself up when nothing gets done.

I could blame it all on my Mother. She's driving me absolutely nuts these days. She tries to outmother me with my own kids, criticizes my parenting choices, and makes snide comments about my husband. Yep, she sucks right now. Did I mention she has been cleaning for me? Not because I asked or anything, she just starts doing stuff. Mostly it irritates me because it breaks my rhythm when I am trying to do something. It used to really depress me, like she was saying I wasn't clean enough for her or something. Then I remembered my childhood, and she didn't do much housework then, so either she's making up for lost time, or she's bored silly.

The gatekeeping and outmothering crap has got to go! Interrupting me when I am talking to my child is beyond rude. It doesn't help when your solution is different than mine either.

Good news? She's going on vacation, so I won't even hear her voice for a good 8 days!

1 comment:

Pez said...

Sorry that your mother is making you feel down, Jill. It is amazing that they can do that to grown adults, isn't it?

Enjoy her vacation. :)