6.09.2009

The Party's Over...

Wow!



I just reread the last 5 posts.



I still believe that I am right to stop the insanity. I know that I don't want to continue relationships that are unhealthy. I also know that unhealthy is "familiar" in more ways than one, and it's clear to me that part of me still wants to recreate what I already know.



I often wonder why I feel like I am "supposed" to do things for the sake of the family - Like let people get away with atrocious behaviour. One of the things that works best for DH and our family is that we insist that every family member treats one another with love and respect. The premise is that these are the people who you LOVE...they should be treated even better than you would treat a stranger, not worse!

So...aside from the occasional pity party (yes, I am allowed from time to time!)...I'm done with worrying about people who don't measure up. And I'm going to repeat the phrase "Really, it isn't me!" over and over again until I believe it.

I've been able to find and nurture some great relationships in my life, and some have failed, regardless of how much effort I put in to them.

I believe I will keep trying.

No comments: