6.12.2009

Eating the Elephant...

"Mom, how do you eat an elephant?"
"I don't know honey, how DO you eat an elephant?
"One bite at a time...."

Outta the mouths of babes.....I mean...WOW. That is EXACTLY how to eat an elephant. Or solve a problem that seems elephant sized, even.

So, I'm keeping it in mind...the elephant, and the size of the bites I'm taking.

I love so many things about my life...my husband, my kids, the fact that I am working at a place that actually means something. The "elephant filet mignon" if you will...

There are other things I don't love...my kids education, my community, the state of many of my relationships. Let's just call this the "shank" for now.

But they are all part of the elephant. If I'm going to eat the elephant, I've got to find a way to make the less palatable parts a little more bearable. That way when someone asks me if I ate the elephant, I can honestly say "Yep, the whole thing!"

No comments: