2.25.2006

One reason why I love Dave..

He's my husband. He's a great guy. Everyone loves him.

I tore his head off yesterday. I'm a bitch like that sometimes. Not as bad as say....most of the wives we know, but still. Yep, I was mad at him because he wouldn't go with me and the kids for ice cream. I told him that I was mad at him because my feelings aren't important to him, and that I was trying to have some quality family time goddamnit, and why didn't he appreciate all I do for him?!!

WTF???? When did I turn into my mother? As I was shouting my needs to the rooftops, I was aware that I sounded just like her, except even more unreasonable. And I couldn't stop! Holy Shit, if this is the next phase of my life, let me off this ride NOW! This guy is the best thing that ever happened to me, and he's a zillion percent better than anything else out there, and I'm treating him like he's garbage. It's my own fault too. I should have talked to him about me grieving for FIL, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I think I'm trying to protect him from the pain of his loss, by acting like a crazy hormonal psycho patient. Sounds perfectly logical doesn't it?

So now, I'm pretending that we never fought. Yes, I know better. I need to tell him whats going on with me. We've always been great at talking things out, but I seem to think that I need to try something new.
What I really need to do is stick with what works, and toss out all the stuff that doesn't. So I'll talk when he gets home from work.

Dave's willing to forget everything, just so he can have sex as soon as possible. He's a very agreeable guy.

No comments: