9.15.2008

On Vacation Already?

I feel like I live between two worlds.

I spent 11 years at home, and up until August 4th, believed that I never wanted to return to the paycheck world. Then I started my new job.

It was freaky, because the first week, EVERYONE I met at work told me how much they loved their job. I don't remember loving my old job...as a matter of fact, by the time I made it to maternity leave, I hated that job, and was thrilled to know I was never going back. I cannot remember ever having a job that I loved. Liked or maybe even enjoyed...yes, but loved? I don't think there was ever enough money or respect or recognition for the crap I had to go thru.

Now, this job, it's growing on me. It helps that it's only 10 months per year. It helps that I've only been there 5 weeks and am required to take a week off. It also helps that my boss has a "way" with people. Oh, and my homelife is good, but filled with dysfunctional family members (as usual). And the carpet needs cleaning and the kids need clothes and one of them needs shots, etc.

Can I just admit that I like going to work....a lot?

No comments: